ISIC – International Student Identity Card

The only identity that proves the official student status and is recognized throughout the world.

What is the ISIC card?

The International Student Identity Card (ISIC) is the only identity that proves the official student status for high school, college and university students and is recognized throughout the world. The ISIC Association is the non-profit organization behind the International Student Identity Card (ISIC), it is issued since 1953 and is under the auspices of UNESCO.

What can the ISIC card do ?

The ISIC card provides over 42.000 benefits in Greece, Europe and throughout the world, with discounts in museum tickets, events, theaters and cinemas, bars, restaurants, clothing and sport stores, hotels, camping places, buses, trains, ships, planes etc.

 Who can get an ISIC card ?

The ISIC card is available for all full-time students / scholars in Greece and abroad, in public or private institutions of secondary and higher education. The minimum age limit is 12 years old and there is not maximum age limit. Specifically, eligible are:

  • Full-time students / scholars in Greece or abroad, in public or private institutions which study during the years of the school or the department and /or two (2) additional years (n+2) as per schools requirements.
  • The period of time that the students have interrupted or restarted their studies for specific reasons (military service etc.), is excluded. A certificate from the school / college / university is required.
  • Full –time students / scholars are those whose academic program consists of 15 hours per week, for 6 continuous months.
  • Students of the Hellenic Open University require a certification of attendance from at least 2 academic topics AND a deposit receipt of the current year’s tuition fees.

 How long is the ISIC valid for and what is its cost?

The ISIC card is valid for 16 months – From September 1st, until December 31st of the next year. The annual subscription is 15 Euro.

What are the required documents?

A certificate or a student id from your school / university stating you are enrolled on a full-time course for the current academic year.